Business Owners Policy
Typically a BOP policy includes:
1. Property insurance (covering buildings, equipment and inventory).
2. Business interruption insurance (covering losses that cause you to shut operations or reduce production for a time). Business interruption insurance can provide money to offset lost profits or to pay continuing expenses (typically for up to a year for insured losses).
3. Casualty or liability protection (covering harm done by the employees or products to other people or their property).
4. Crime insurance (covering loss of money or securities resulting from burglaries or robberies or destruction) as well as losses from employee theft or embezzlement.
5. Liability insurance covering lawsuits arising from accidents (as when someone trips and falls on your business’s property) or when you sell a product that damages the customer’s property or you are accused of offenses such as slander, copyright or invasion of privacy.
6.Vehicle coverage for rented or borrowed vehicles.